Making the Switch to Clean Beauty
Posted on February 09 2019
I've been making the transition to cleaner household and skincare products for a while now, researching ingredients to avoid and replacing items as they run out, but until recently my make-up routine had remained largely untouched. Paralyzed by the thought of overhauling my entire beauty routine (not to mention the cost!), I kept putting it off for one reason or another. After a bit of procrastination and the realization that I had fallen into a "beauty rut," I felt motivated to find better, cleaner options. Relying mainly on customer reviews and blogger recommendations, I was able to find several products I now love and wanted to share them with you:
1. Bio Brightener Stick by Well People - This product adds a subtle "lit-from-within" glow that I love! It's easy to apply and quickly brightens your complexion.
2. Extreme Length Mascara & Primer by Honest Beauty - I was honestly blown away by this mascara's ability to add separation and length to my lashes! The only downside is that it's not waterproof.
3. Bio Bronzer Powder by Well People - I loved that this product adds a warm, sun-kissed glow without looking orange.
4. Lip Crayon in Sheer Coral by Honest Beauty - Hydrating lip color with a matte finish - another one of my favorite finds!
5. Everything Matte Primer by Honest Beauty - Blurs imperfections and controls shine far better than other primers I've tried.
6. Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer - This concealer has a five-star review for a reason - such great coverage and consistency!
My beauty routine is still a work in progress, so feel free to comment with any clean beauty product recommendations that you have. Also, I'd love to know if you'd like to see us carry wellness and beauty-related products in the shop? Let us know in the comments!